2.7.13

Low Leaf - GiGA GAiA EP


Band / Artist: Low Leaf
Year: 2012
Genre: Harpist, Alternative Pop, RnB, Nu Disco, Alternative Hip-Hop

My Review:

If the last Low leaf album I showcased was like an acoustic little dragon, this would be her taking another step toward their sound. I guess that since this came before, then the last one would be her taking a step away into a direction more her own. Here is her website.

http://www.creatordiy.com/

Don't get me wrong. This isn't an unoriginal work that just rips off someone else, nor does it seem that is her goal. She builds up a funky rhythm all her own, that comes off with the same weirdo groove of Beck, painting with a palette more like contemporary Hip-hop/Pop/RnB/Techno. Its thick and dripping of sounds like Missy Elliot, Squarepusher, Peaches, The Presets, MIA, Mouse On Mars.. I could keep this list going. Frankly, I'm really enjoying the way this album plays. The waves of awesome and weird lap in their own times.

Low Leaf - GiGA GAiA EP

No comments:

Post a Comment