21.6.13

Free Singles - Soul Are, Raw Music International, Sportbilly Krsi Embargo, Ellie Goulding, Bassnectar





Soul Are - Southern Jakarta Hardcore

Indonesian METTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. This one has a heavy garage quality, but it reminds me a lot of Killing Joke and early Fear Factory, or maybe a live show from fear factory. They've been together since 2000. Totally worth looking into, I know that I will be. Heres their facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/soulare/info


LaFam (Raw Music International) - Aduwa (ft. Chiness)

African soulful downtempo. This has a lot of interesting soundscapes in it. There is just a bit of the old school trance, with kenyan rappity ripping across the soft singing, and throat chanting. Soft and pleasant, a great way to relax for a minute before the next track coming up.


Sportbilly Krsi Embargo - Lemeka

I really like this song. It has that heavy guitar tuning that you used to hear from Korn, and the song itself is an amalgam of balkan and funk. So good.

So far I haven't found much about the band, but if I do, you can imagine that I might share it.


Halloween Town - Easy Lover

I'm loving all the songs so far on this collection. This reminds me of the old post on here from lavalier. Apparently it is a jam band made up of members of a couple different groups, including Louis XIV , Transfer, 12 Volt Sex, The Red Romance, Ambulance LTD, and The Killers. Here's their bio on Ryan Pardy's website.

http://www.ryanpardey.com/bio.html

..and if you enjoyed that track, here are two more. Your Christmas Song and A Faster Bullet.

Ellie Goulding - High For This
You are about to listen to a gorgeous rendition from the exquisitely talented English singer Ellie Goulding, covering The Weeknd’s ‘High For This’. With the help of Chiddy Bang producer Xaphoon Jones, the two lay a memorable cover from one of the most buzzed hip/hop group of the last 12 months.

This is a really chill song, with just enough glitch on the vocals to make it feel interesting. I could see a song like this being a big pop song, except its just too soft and not bouncy enough to make a pop single. It'd be more like one of the songs that yo hear on the album after you buy it, and then you end up liking it mroe than anything else on there. I do really like it though, it makes me think of Aliyah when she started to step out onto her own.



I'm working through this mixtape that just crossed the emails yesterday.  Bassnectar is always good for a little bit of wub, though this is a lot older than his Wub-works. Here's some of his information that came with this.
I’ve been wanting to re-release this for a long time…

This was a mixtape I recorded in one take on four CDJs back in 1999, summarizing my love for thick, heavy, hypnotic downtempo music: ethereal melodies, weird loops, funky acid jazz, trip-hop, and everything left field of center.
Musically, it’s a collection of songs which are very special to me...
 It feels a lot like something from Bonobo, and has a little bit of an old Cujo track. It even feels a little like a slacker riffing off of Buddha Bar, and coming out with something so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment