7.8.15

Arcade Island - Spring EP

Band / Artist: Arcade Island
Year: 2012
Genre: Alternative Rock, Chillwave, Lo-fi, Alternative Pop

My Review:
So this one.. I bet i could have heard songs from this one on the radio about 5 years ago, over and over and over, and i would have hated it, because it would be burned into my head.

Its a one man band, which makes it more impressive, though I guess its less impressive now that the music can be made digitally... I mean, whatever, its good.

This is what he says about this album.
A blending of Electronica and Rock, the album is a collection of works from the past few months. Lots of ambient synths and guitars, big drums with rock bass lines, and with catchy vocals and accessible lyrics ranging from alien abduction to unrequited love. 
Arcade Island started in 2006 in Pennsylvania out of curiosity by Alex Bew, a 21-year-old self-proclaimed nerd with "too much time on his hands". "I don't like making music in just one genre, and I don't like people telling me what to do, so I'll make whatever kind of music I want. Not even Abraham Lincoln can stop me. Although he could probably do a good job of it with his vampire skills and all."

Their Facebook is here.

If you like some of that 2008-2011ish electronic 80's influcenced emo pop.. whatever the hell you'd call it. You should check this out, I dig this one, and some more I've found from him as well. It's well polished.

Arcade Island - Spring EP

I also want to share the bonus album, Youth in Decay. Its obvious that he's gonna evolve a lot. I like this one more.

Arcade Island - Youth In Decay

No comments:

Post a Comment