28.2.14

(The other Yarn) Yarn - Live at The Willow Tree Coffee House and Music Room (February 8, 2014)

Band / Artist: Yarn
Year: 2014
Genre: Indie Folk, Indie Alternative, Live

My Review:
I decided, fuck it. If I'm gonna search through all this music to find info on one Yarn, may as well go ahead with the other as well. And it was very much enjoyable.

here is a writeup in them
Brooklyn-based Americana/Alt-Rock band Yarns sound owes as much to Gram Parsons and Earl Scruggs as to Jerry Garcia and Exile On Main Street-era Rolling Stones. Following in a fine tradition that includes forward thinking roots bands like The Flying Burrito Brothers and New Riders of The Purple Sage, Yarn weaves roots music idioms into a fresh sound that turns on hipsters and fans of country music alike, with technically impressive song-crafting and universal tales from the road of life.
What I'd say, they have a pleasant "Grateful Dead meets Iron & Wine" kind of thing going on that I was really grooving to. I've been hoping to pick up more stuff that would fit within this point of my life. Alright, more music on the way soon.

Yarn - Live at The Willow Tree Coffee House and Music Room (February 8, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment