14.2.17

Judah & the Lion - Judah & the Lion


Band / Artist: Judah & the Lion
Year: 2017
Genre: Indie Folk, Indie Dance, Folk Pop

My Review:
This has been on steady rotation in the car the last 2 weeks. I've been enjoying the sort of nostalgic southernality of it, in this sense of all the pleasant and good things of the south, but from a more fresh and welcoming perspective than the south seems to have to many.

Its cool how they mix fiddle and banjo and acoustic guitar with drum machine and synthesizer in an odd bluegrass/folk/pop sort of medley. It flows far better than you'd expect at first glance.

Here is their website.

These guys are out of Nashville, TN, which should surprise nobody. I really appreciate their sound. It reminds me of driving in the coastal area of Georgia with my windows down, smelling the marsh air in the sunshine.

Judah & the Lion - Judah & the Lion

No comments:

Post a Comment