15.5.17

.ʕ=ϣë¡ɍɗʏ=ʔ. RQ laji-2 - Bad Future Bullshit / Worse Future Bullshit / Low

Band / Artist:  RQ laji-2
Year: 2014, 2015, 2016
Genre: Electronic Rock, Experimental Rock, Synthpunk, Electro Jam, Lo-fi, Noise Pop, Chiptune

My Review:
Do you like Black Moth Super Rainbow? Do you like Mr. Oizo? How about Battls?
This might be for you. I really ended up falling in love with it.



I've shared things from this label before, and will do so again in the future (because they make me happy, so fuck you). This wasn't expected. Not in the least. I am really, REALLY into it. I never thought I'd hear what sounds like Tobacco covering a Nirvana song.

The only thing is,.. I don't know what the hell you would call it. I really wanted to figure that out, but my search for a real genre to call this just went nowhere. SO I MADE ONE UP. This, for all who read my scribbles, shall now be Electro Jam. It has all the electronic warblies and hiss of analog equipment and noise rock, and all the midi-ness of chiptune, but the style presentation of a rough edged punk or garage jam band. Its closest relative I'd have to say would be Black Moth Super Rainbow and Tobacco. It blends creepy / raunchy into the mix in the midst of it all.

I'm sharing 3 releases in one post, but I don't really know what to say about each separately. So here is the whole thing. Halley Labs released all of these. The whole of that label seems to be one single person, but who cares. The music is good. This offshoot seems to be a fairly new experiment as far as I can tell, and could really evolve into its own whole band, which I would love to see play live. I hope it keeps going.


RQ laji-2 - Bad Future Bullshit

RQ laji-2 - Worse Future Bullshit

RQ laji-2 - Low

No comments:

Post a Comment