12.7.13

Psilodump - Memory Loss

Band / Artist: Psilodump
Year: 2004
Genre: Chiptune

My Review:
I posted a track from this on the valentines day mixes. Of all of the chiptune albums I've listened to over the years, this is the one that I am always most likely to listen to again.

Psilodump has been really prolific for years. He's always making something. I know he also was under the pseudonym of Pushiro, and may have worked as Morphyk as well. He was running the X-dump label, a powerhouse of different chiptune acts. When that fell apart, I'll admit, my attention to the genre waned for quite a few years. I was happy to stumble back into the genre again recently, and I felt compelled to find this and share it.

Here's a strange note that went along with the album. I have no idea what it means.
Now, some things are better left unspoken. But that is beside the point. Yet, the point is not the issue here. The issue is omitted and the reason forgotten. Memories may become corrupted but beauty remains. Still, that is no excuse for acting blind ... or maybe it is ... what you have lost might not just be your memory.
Fuck if I know what he's trying to say. Nevertheless, this is still probably my top choice for exclusively chiptune albums out there, and you really should give it a try. Enjoy the album.

Psilodump - Memory Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment