4.12.12

Sunny Side Up - Sunny Side Up EP


Band / Artist: Sunny Side Up
Year: 2011
Genre: Ska, Punk, Ska-Punk, Ska-Rock

My Review:
I've been on the internet for far too long. I laughed pretty hard at that cover.

Sunny side up is a ska band living it up in the OKC (Oklahoma City). There's probably a good chance that you did the same thing I did when reading that. You thought "Holy shit, I haven't thought about ska since the 90s". WELL GUESS WHAT, YOU! YOU'RE GONNA LISTEN TO IT!.. well I guess you don't HAVE to, but you would be missing out. I may have some predisposition to enjoying this band, since I grew up through that 90s positive punk and ska movement, and have a love for eggs.

So here's their facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/SunnySideUpSka

Somewhere between a punky sublime and the mighty mighty bosstones. Its really fun, and good too. There are some more reggae moments a few tracks in, and a moment or two of collegian white boy spoken word/rap. If you were a trustifarian, you'd hate this. If you're a huge old school Jamaican ska puritan, you might find it a little too active for your tastes. But if you don't often label yourself with either of those, then you should really give them a chance.

If I ever pass through Oklahoma City, I'm going to have to try to catch them playing live.

Sunny Side Up - Sunny Side Up EP

No comments:

Post a Comment